You can schedule for free your Google My Business events and offers with Publer.
What are Google My Business Events & Offers
- Events: Promote an event at your business, i.e a bookstore may advertise a local author’s book signing or a book club meeting.
Events require a title, start/end dates, and time. These posts may also include a photo,
video(not supported via their API), description, and an action button (CTA).
- Offers: Provide promotional sales or offers from your business, i.e. a pizza parlor may advertise 20% off large pizzas for a week.
Offers require a title, start/end dates and times. A “View offer” action button is automatically added to the post. You can also include a photo,
video(not supported via their API), description, coupon code, link, and terms & conditions with the post.
Offers appear near the top of the Business Profile on Google Search and Maps. They also appear with all other posts in the Updates tab.
How to schedule Google My Business events & offers
Go to the dashboard
Click Create on top of the dashboard and select your Google My Business account on the left.
Select Update, Event or Offer and start creating your post.
You can also preview the post before scheduling it.
Then, select Schedule and decide between Manually or Auto Scheduling.
A few things to keep in mind
- If you’ve selected several social networks (i.e. Facebook, Google My Business) and you don’t see the options for events & offers, make sure you enable post customization by clicking the following button. Events & offers are specific only to Google My Business so we don’t show them for the other social networks.
- Product posts unfortunately are not supported because their API (what we use to communicate with Google) stopped supporting them a few months ago.
- Because Google My Business events & offers have a fixed start and end date, recycling them, or making them recurring is not possible.
- The scheduled date for events & offers cannot be after their end date.
- Event & offer title must be up to 58 characters.