Google My Business is among the #1 tools that help bring your business to a new audience’s attention.
When you start a new business, you want to get found online by many people.
Your visibility on Google My Business is a target that once achieved, there’s no going back. It always transforms into success as it provides tons of options to add your updated information, visual content, quick CTA options, and also, it allows you to host customer feedback.
In a previous article, we’ve mentioned 18 reasons why you should be part of Google My Business.
Just to recap, we’re writing the top 5 reasons below:
- Free advertising
- Increase traffic and sales
- Provides updated contact information
- Real-time review hosting
- Easy to use
None of the stats is Publer’s copyright. Every source of information is properly attached to each statistic.
Here’s a list of 20 Google My Business Stats that matter in 2021:
- The average business is found in 1,009 searches per month, with 84% of these coming from discovery searches
- Listings with photos are 2x as likely to be considered reputable and get 35% more clicks
- 49% of businesses receive more than 1,000 Views on Search per month
- Around 90% of the whole world population only look at the first-page result
- Factors customer care most about: rating (84%), legitimacy (81%), recency (80%), sentiment (79%), quantity (79%), responding to reviews (78%), photos (64%).
- 90% of people read reviews before purchasing
- 84% of searches are discovery, while 16% are direct
- Canada receives the highest number of average direct and discovery searches (1,229), at a rate of 13% direct to 87% discovery
- When writing a review, 20% of consumers expect to receive a response within one day
- There was a 61% increase in calls from Google My Business from January 2020 to July 2020
- A typical business gets 59 actions from their GMB listing every month. And this translates to 5% of GMB listing views resulting in some sort of action
- Local businesses receive 94% of calls from GMB between Monday and Friday
- The most likely time to receive calls from GMB is 10 am to 12 pm
- Our research into consumers’ use of Google My Business and local business websites found that 64% have used GMB to find contact details for a local business – and this figure is likely to grow
- Hotels have the highest number of views on both Search and Maps each month
- There are over 3.5 billion searches per day
- In comparison, businesses in the USA receive 26% of their views from Maps results
- On average, 56% of actions on GMB listings are website visits
- 16% of businesses receive more than 100 calls each month from GMB
- Google My Business listings have an average of 11 photos