Recently, Instagram has published tons of new updates that consist of empowering your small business marketing and online presence.
These updates and your small business goals go along pretty well, as the main characters are ‘Effective Messaging’ and ‘Effortless Video Creation’.
According to Instagram, there are tons of free ways to create content that stands out. And when we say ‘free’, we mean it!
The New Marketing Guide
The first section of the guide is ‘Drive Awareness and Develop a Community’, the second section of the guide is ‘Get Your Next Customer’, and the third section is ‘Exciting Customers and Increasing Sales’.
Instagram covered tons of tips:
- Sign up for an Instagram Business Account and make the most out of the shopping tools, ad creation, and analytics.
- Ask the community to share how they’re using your products/services with the help of branded hashtags.
- Build trust and interact with customers with the help of DMs. Direct/automated messages on Instagram are a professional way to keep up and generate worthy feedback and sales.
- Also, Instagram recommends the ads that send the visitor toward WhatsApp. It’s always smart to give customers different options and the right help when they want to purchase something.
- Instagram Shops are also the new black. Organize your products into collections and make the shopping experience easier!
Other than the new Guide, Instagram helps everyone to use the app correctly for marketing purposes:
- Photograph products like a pro – Use light source; carefully choose the backgrounds; try to use props; stage; and show products in use
- Get your community involved – Create a branded hashtag; use UGC to Feed and Stories; go an extra mile for posts that people want to share to their stories.
- Spruce up your feed – Vertical videos (aka Reels) are a professional strategy to catch attention!
- Batch your content – Organize your social media marketing calendar and stay consistent.
- Experiment with new video techniques – Try transitions and follow trends to keep up with the competition.
- Add music and voiceovers to reels – Humanize your online presence by following and adding relevant and trendy sounds/voiceovers.
Instagram has also added a few New Messages Features, according to Adam Mosseri on Twitter.
So, in a few words, here’s what’s new on Instagram:
- Chat while you’re browsing. Everyone can now browse and reply at the same time. If you get new DMs on Instagram, you don’t need to go to your messages as in a new tab. You can reply to all DMs while you’re scrolling.
- You can quickly send new posts to your friends via DM, again without leaving the current feed.
- If you’re bored, simply check who’s online and message them. Yes, you can do that now.
- Share 30-second song previews as DMs, with the help of Apple Music, Amazon Music, and Spotify.
- Send silent messages, so you don’t alarm the others with your new gossip.
- Create and send polls to your friends via Instagram DMs. We love these!
According to Matt Navarra on Twitter, these Instagram Marketing updates aren’t available in Europe countries just yet, due to EU regulations.
Besides the two new chronological views for the Instagram Feed – Following and Favorites, Adam Mosseri has also announced that there’s a new hashtag experience that can help support and spread the word about any social causes through hashtags.
A few Instagram Messaging stats that might help your small business marketing in 2022:
- 1 in 5 Instagram Stories posted by a business receives a Direct Message reply.
- The Instagram messaging app is the 2nd most used messaging app. It stands right behind Facebook messenger for millennials.
- By allowing people to send quick visual messages that disappear, Instagram Direct has grown to 375 million monthly users.
- 47% of Millennials in a recent survey say they use Instagram as a messaging app.
Instagram Carousel Post Ideas and Stats for Marketers in 2022
Want Followers? Here’s The Best Time To Post Reels On Instagram
Size Does Matter | Choosing The Right Instagram Video Size