One of the most important social networks is Pinterest. We all know how it started: a simple eCommerce site that provided access to many to upload their products. But, the team started to notice that people were more into saving items, rather than purchasing.
And so, the story leads to today’s Pinterest!
If you’ve been using it for quite some time now, there are some important things that might interest you.
Your small business needs its online presence on this major social network, as there are over 300 million monthly active users (a total of 450 million).
Here’s a list of 20 Useful Facts you need to know about Pinterest:
- 94% of social media marketers use Pinterest.
- 50%+ Pinners don’t live in the US.
- Weekly pinners are 3x more likely to click through to a retailer’s site after visiting the site, than other social media.
- 83% of weekly Pinners have made a purchase based on Pins from brands.
- 74% of active users use the mobile app.
- Its users are 80% more likely to go to retail.
- 50% Have Made a Purchase After Seeing a Promoted Pin.
- 85% of Pinterest users use the site when they want to start a new project.
- 98% of Pinners report trying new things they find on the site.
- 90% of users agree that Pinterest is “filled with positivity”.
- 72% of Pinterest’s ad audience is female
- Countries with the greatest reach: USA, Germany, France, UK, and Canada.
- The site makes money through promoted pins.
- 2 million Pinners save shopping Pins on Boards daily.
- 8 out of every 10 Pinterest users say they have bought products based on their brands’ content on the site.
- There are more than 35 content categories.
- In July 2017, Pinterest rewrote the Pinterest app, to offer a better experience for people in low-bandwidth environments and those on limited data plans.
- It is the only social media site that offers visual search.
- 48% of Pinterest users have shopping as their top priority.
- It is ideal for marketers to plan at least 30-45 days in advance – meaning, everyone stays ahead of all upcoming holidays.